Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The Tale of Two Emotions



Sadness/frustration for Betances.  He has such an electric arm and for him to come back was very exciting for me.  To know he is now done for the season because of a slight tear to his Achilles is terrible news.  We could say this is just a fluke, but once again this seem like an avoidable injury if the body was stretched correctly.

Excitement for Severino.  I was very interested in seeing how Sevy looked and I was very happy!  The ball was coming out of his hand well and when he wanted to he could reach back and hit 99.  While he was under 95 as well I think it was excellent to see him throw and have pretty good command.  The speeds of his slider and change were good and his mechanics were solid.  He did have a slight change from teh stretch at times, but that isn't unusual for midseason form on some pitchers anyway.  This was excellent news!

Correction:  I usually don't proofread (as many of you can probably tell), but I had two people let me know that I wrote the below:

Cone says that throwing breaking balls was easier (less taxing) on him than throwing breaking balls.

I should have written "Cone says that throwing breaking balls was easier (less taxing) on him than throwing fastballs."

No comments:

Post a Comment