Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 29, 2013



I only want to say two things:

1)      Our chances of making the playoffs are extremely slim for the reasons I stated last time – Kuroda not being sharp for a stretch makes it even more unlikely.  29 games left, we probably need to win 20 of them to have a shot, 22 should do it, but I don't see us winning that many games; we are just not good enough.
2)      I don’t know what pictures Robbie Thompson has of Girardi, but he is an awful 3rd base coach and he has been that way since day 1.  I have documented his failures more times than any 3rd base coach should be mentioned.  The guy simply awful, doesn’t get it and he costs us games!  I am sure his response will be the same as it has been in the past when he makes alarmingly horrible decisions, “I play aggressive and I will keep playing that way.”  I don’t even have an issue with that, but, and it is a big but, YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THE GAME SITUATION!   When you are down 7-2 and there are less than 2 outs, in fact the outs may not even matter, but it is even worse with less than 2 outs, you simply CANNOT get thrown out on the base paths.  For those who didn’t see it, ARod got thrown out at home plate with the Yanks down 7-2 in the 4th inning with one out and what would have been 2nd and 3rd.  It took the wind out of our sails as we were down 7-0 and had put 2 up and probably would have had at least two more, but Robby Thompson’s decision ended any hopes.  When you are down by a lot of runs there shouldn’t even be a play at the plate or as Kenny Singleton said, “you need to be able to score standing up.”  In this case ARod was easily out which goes to show how incompetent Roby Thompson is (although this is probably the 10th time I have written this)

No comments:

Post a Comment