Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Genius Maker #11

There is nothing worse than losing when Rivera blows a save…none. Just one of those nights that thankfully happens only happens a few times a year.

Gardner continues to be awful at the plate and even failed to get a bunt down and then he was thrown out stealing. Why did they mess with his swing?

Girardi really screwed up leaving AJ in two batters too long, but he only allowed one extra run because of Robertson doing a great job. As I have said before, when a guy looks good you let him pitch, I would have let Robertson pitch the 7th. As it turned out both Joba and Soriano did their job and Rivera didn’t, but if I were managing Joba would have been available in the 10th. Also, where is Logan?

BTW, when a suicide squeeze is executed perfectly, shouldn't you get the out at 1st base?

I am hoping ARod is ok.

2 comments:

  1. How certain is it that Gardner's problem is his revised swing. I worry that his wrist surgery may not have been successful. Presumably the team can evaluate the surgery's success by comparing his current bat speed with what it was early last season and after he hurt his wrist. I don't know whether this has been done. If Gardner's bat speed is a problem, I don't know the chance of improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to know if the wrist is still an injury but I would not think so.

    ReplyDelete